WHO CAN APPLY
Anyone between the age of 18 and 35 years old who has initiated a restoration project in any of the following ecosystems: forest, mountains, oceans, peatlands/wetlands, drylands/rangelands. Applicants must understand, and be willing to adhere to and model, the GLF vision, pillars and values.
Preferred but not mandatory are projects:
- Run by a person, a youth-led NGO, or a group of young people who are either local, Indigenous or nationals of the country in which the restoration project operates;
- That are already in early stages of development, and have been running for a minimum of one year.
Project selection is a competitive process, and as such the application requires some preparation. When you apply, you will be asked the following questions (make sure to prepare the answers in advance!):
- What experience do you have that’s related to restoration? (200 words)
- What is your motivation for applying to be a Restoration Steward? (200 words)
- Prepare a one-minute video of yourself, in which you share with us your motivation for applying to be a Restoration Steward. To share the video, either post it to your FB or Twitter account, tagging the Global Landscapes Forum (@GlobalLF) and using the #generationrestoration hashtag, or use an unlisted Youtube or Google Drive link.
About your project:
- First, tell us your project’s name (or give it one if it does not have it yet!);
- Prepare a description of the landscape you are working on; Why are you working on it, what is the current status and the environmental and social problem encountered? What are the drivers of degradation (if any) and who are key stakeholders? (500 words)
- Prepare a holistic summary description of the project (500-1000 words), describing the objectives, activities and intended impact of your restoration project. Please also include how the project aims to restore the landscape with a landscape approach. (500-1000 words);
- Prepare a 200-word paragraph answering the following question: “If you become a Restoration Steward, where would you see your project in one year’s time, after completion of the Restoration Stewards program?”. If you have milestones or targets, feel free to mention them;
Anna Bucci: firstname.lastname@example.org
GLF Youth Coordinator