WHO CAN APPLY
Anyone between the age of 18 and 35 years old who has initiated a restoration project in any of the following ecosystems: forest, mountains, oceans, peatlands/wetlands, drylands/rangelands. Applicants must understand, and be willing to adhere to and model, the GLF vision, pillars and values.
Preferred but not mandatory are projects:
- Run by a person, a youth-led NGO, or a group of young people who are either local, Indigenous or nationals of the country in which the restoration project operates;
- That are already in early stages of development, and have been running for a minimum of one year.
Project selection is a competitive process, and as such the application requires some preparation. When you apply, you will be asked the following questions (make sure to prepare the answers in advance!):
- What experience do you have that’s related to restoration? (200 words)
- What is your motivation for applying to be a Restoration Steward? (200 words)
- Prepare a one-minute video of yourself, in which you share with us your motivation for applying to be a Restoration Steward. To share the video, either post it to your FB or Twitter account, tagging the Global Landscapes Forum (@GlobalLF) and using the #generationrestoration hashtag, or use an unlisted Youtube or Google Drive link.
About your project:
- First, give your project a name;
- Prepare a holistic summary description of the project (500-1000 words), describing the objectives and intended impact of your restoration project and identifying the key stakeholders (500-1000 words);
- Prepare a 200-word paragraph answering the following question: “If you become Restoration Steward, where would you see your project in one year’s time, after completion of the Restoration Stewards program?” If you have milestones or targets, feel free to mention them;
- Prepare a one page PDF or Word document with a breakdown description of how you intend to use the stipend;
- Provide a picture of your project area.
Fill in the application form and submit it before Sunday September 1st.
Anna Bucci: firstname.lastname@example.org
GLF Youth Coordinator