How to use the GLF Africa 2022 platform
On 15 September 2022, the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) will host Africa’s most diverse conference on food, restoration and land rights.
GLF Africa 2022 will be held entirely online. To help you navigate this Digital Conference – and ensure you get the most out of it – we’ve compiled this handy guide to the technology that’s going to help make it happen.
Here’s what you can do at GLF Africa 2022 Digital Conference:
Create your account
Once you’ve registered, you’ll automatically receive an email with a link to access the platform via your computer or mobile device.
- Click the Log in button in the registration email. This will take you to the page to create your login credentials.
- Follow the instructions, fill in your email address and create your password.
- Please make sure that you use the same email address that you used to register for the conference.
Log into the conference platform
Get the most out of the conference before, during and after the conference.
Access the platform here.
- If you are not logged in, click on the Log in button at the top of the webpage.
- Log into your account using the email address and password you used to create your account.
- Explore the Digital Conference!
Fill out your profile
Tell your fellow participants more about yourself!
- Click on the green menu button in the top right corner of the home page.
- Then, click on My info
- Here, you can fill out your profile, add a profile picture, and select the conference themes you’re interested in.
Don’t forget to allow networking so you can interact with other participants and make the most out of the conference. You can change these and the notification settings anytime.
Explore the agenda
See what’s on at GLF Africa, and create your own customized agenda for the conference.
- In the navigation bar, click on Program → Agenda
- Search for sessions by filtering by Session type, Partner, Speaker, Theme, or Date.
- Bookmark your favorite sessions to your personal agenda by clicking the Bookmark button and receive an email notification when the session is about to start.
- Click on a session to learn more about it, and add it to your personal agenda by clicking Add to Calendar.
To view and manage your personal agenda, click the menu button, then My agenda.
Here’s how you can connect with other participants at GLF Africa.
- In the navigation bar, click Program → Attendees to browse and search for other attendees. You can also add them to your contacts by clicking Contact.
- Manage your contacts or add new ones in the menu under My contacts.
- You can join a networking session by finding them listed as Special events on the Agenda, or under Program → Networking.
Bookmark the networking session to make sure that you don’t miss it!
Explore the digital exhibitions
Check out our wide array of digital exhibitions at GLF Africa.
- In the navigation bar, click on Exhibitors.
- Search for a specific organization via the search bar, or simply browse the page.
- Click on an exhibitor for an overview of the organization or project. Here, you can view their content, attend their sessions, view their contact information and any promotional offers, and request a meeting.
Follow organizations that interest you by clicking Add to favorites. You can quickly access them in the menu under My organizations.
On the day of the event, here’s how to attend a session:
- You can access the session by clicking on a session you’d like to attend.
- The session live streams will also appear on the Home page during the conference.
- Click the play button on the video preview to join the session. You can also follow the session in other available languages by clicking Similar session.
- When you join a session, you can ask questions and upvote others’ questions, too. You can also chat online with other participants in the session.
If you’ve missed a session, you’ll be able to re-watch it by clicking the play button on the video preview.
Take part in polls
Have your say by participating in polls about sessions you’ve participated in.
- Click on a session you’d like to evaluate.
- After the session, there will be an Evaluate button under the video preview window.
Click this button to rate and review the session, and don’t forget to Validate your response at the end.
To keep the conference inclusive, meaningful, and positive for everyone, we kindly ask you to take a brief look at our etiquette before taking part.
See you at the conference!