Back-to-back with the GFEP report “Forest, Climate, Biodiversity, and People: Assessing a Decade of REDD+” launched by the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) in 2012, stakeholder consultations were carried out in Asia and Latin America. These consultations helped to identify a number of factors that, from the point of view of the stakeholders, need to be improved in future REDD+ activities.
The present publication synthesizes the responses and comments from the nearly 200 stakeholders interviewed that provided their opinion on REDD+ implementation on the ground. Their opinions refer to:
- Major social factors to be addressed
- Major economic factors to be addressed
- Major environmental factors to be addressed
- Major governance factors to be addressed
- How could GFEP’s report on REDD+ contribute to policymaking
- How would stakeholders use GFEP’s report on REDD+
Despite the intrinsic differences between both regions, the factors that need to be improved (according to the stakeholders interviewed), are similar.