On 6 June 2016 at the Royal Society in London, over 300 senior representatives from the financial sector, civil society, government and business came together at the second Global Landscapes Forum: The Investment Case. The event explored the role of the financial sector in imagining, innovating and investing in sustainable landscapes.
These were their key messages:
- New business models, financial instruments and regulations need to come in at different scales and provide support at different stages and over different timeframes.
- Technology is needed to make sustainability simpler and cost effective.
- Risks have to be mitigated and trust built – for investors and their customers
- Access to good quality data and using it is essential.
- We need to start communicating alternative value propositions, collaborating across sectors and value chains.