About the GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference
The GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference, held on October 11 and 12, convened global thought leaders to set the stage for COP28, the upcoming UN Climate Change Conference. This pivotal event mobilised action on critical issues affecting humanity, biodiversity, and our planet.
The conference featured two focused days: Day 1 centered on Africa’s sovereign solutions, exploring pathways to a sustainable and prosperous future for the continent. Day 2, dedicated to climate, aimed to craft a survival guide for a planet in crisis, paving the way for a fairer world ahead of COP28.
GLF Nairobi brought together a diverse coalition of influential voices, ranging from scientists, activists, and Indigenous leaders to financiers, women, youth, policymakers, and private sector representatives. As a united front, we collectively championed change and passionately advocated for meaningful action in these pivotal times.
A survival guide for humanity
Leaders urged action on global landscape and seascape restoration, outlining 6 key pathways to a renewed vision for Earth. This includes addressing the climate crisis, emphasizing collaborative food sovereignty, transforming financial models for inclusivity, and prioritizing a well-being economy within planetary boundaries. Democratizing knowledge creation and advocating for rights underscore the comprehensive framework for a resilient, inclusive, and eco-conscious global community:
- Restore Landscapes and Seascapes: Redesign global food systems for resilience and unite for diverse, sovereign food production.
- Unite For Food and Seed Sovereignty: Advocate coherent policies and subsidy redirection and scale regenerative agriculture for soil health.
- Transform Financial Models: Adopt transparent models, redirecting capital sustainably.
- Build A Well-Being Economy: Phase out fossil fuels, advocate well-being beyond GDP.
- Democratize Knowledge Creation and Access: Promote free access, integrate diverse voices.
- Advocate For Rights in Decision Making:Ensure fair access to resources, uphold Indigenous rights.
Don’t miss the momentum—watch the replay now 🌍!