- There is a great opportunity for international actors to engage. Fostering a responsible land policy that is based on international policy frameworks like the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure (VGGT) has become a major concern.
- The Global Programme is a multidimensional program that contributes to global sustainable development goals by improving the land rights situation in selected countries.
- Multi-stakeholder dialogues are key to conflict resolution processes and this in turn enhances the likelihood of responsible investments in land.
Securing land rights across the globe
Examples of the core activities of the Global Programme include:
- The sensitization of partner institutions and local people in Benin
- The establishment of mechanisms to monitor and solve land conflicts in Laos
- Participatory land registration and titling in central and eastern Uganda
- Support to enhance management of individually owned land in Laos