5 local change-makers that are promoting food systems equity
Earlier this year, the GLFx Cape Town speaker stage at Greenpop’s Reforest Fest invited a series of speakers to discuss landscapes and food systems. GLFx Cape Town presents extracts from this series, discussing the complex dynamics of food and equity, and the potential to shape the future of food systems in South Africa.
Follow the journey of 5 innovations that are promoting food system equity:
- Mercy Nqandeka of Viva con Agua, discusses the importance of equity in restoring rural landscapes and communities in South Africa;
- Kaspar Paur from Oceaneers addresses the importance of food choices and their links to ocean health;
- Tasneem Karodia, tells us more about cultivated meat and the role of Mzansi Meat in developing ways to consume sustainably in the future;
- Gray Maguire from the Climate Neutral Group. shares information about their role in promoting regenerative farming in Southern Africa; and
- Rosanna ‘Rosie’ McLean shares her original poetry called You can find me in nature.
Watch GLFx Cape Town speaker’s series 🎤
Publisher: Global Landscapes Forum (GLF)
Ecosystem(s): Agricultural Land
Location(s): Africa, South Africafood systems health landscape restoration regenerative