The purpose of this session is to emphasize the strategic opportunity for a progressive agenda on climate change resilience that exists when the agriculture and climate change communities pursue joint programs and strategies. The challenges posed by climate change to agriculture and food systems are too large and the time too short to respond to them through a siloed approach. To this end, the session presents agroecology as ecosystem-based adaptation in agriculture and identifies areas to develop agroecology and ecosystem-based adaptation further.
- The potential of agroecology to build climate-resilient livelihoods and food systems (fao.org)
- CCAFS FCDO AE Review 2021 (cgiar.org)
- Systemic Challenges Systemic Responses (globalsoilweek.org)
- The Contributions of Agroecological Approaches (gca.org)
- Adaptation Community
- Whitepaper: Ecosystem-based Adaptation in Agriculture: how agroecology can contribute to tackling climate change