Amplify your voice and connect with top organizations through this unique volunteer program.
Do you want to be a part of a select group of young environmental influencers who will shape the global conversation about sustainable landscapes, network with top organizations around the world, and gain early access to Global Landscapes Forum campaigns and events?
We’re opening a call to become a GLF Social Media Ambassador for 2023. This opportunity is open to all social media-savvy sustainability enthusiasts between the ages of 18 and 35 from around the world! Don’t pass up the opportunity to participate in this one-of-a-kind volunteer program and make your voice heard on the global conversation around sustainable landscapes.
In 2022, our 41 inspiring young Ambassadors from 26 countries used their social media channels to spread awareness on sustainable land use, climate justice, food systems transformation, sustainable finance, and Indigenous rights, among many other critical topics that were discussed at GLF events.
What will I do as a GLF Social Media Ambassador?
The program offers a great deal of flexibility to collaborate with the GLF Social Media team on the following activities on your own time:
- Help boost the GLF’s campaigns and events through your preferred social media channel
- Co-create insightful content in collaboration with the GLF Social Media team
- Provide live coverage of GLF events: digital forums, conferences, live streams, and more
- Attend virtual coordination meetings
What’s in it for you?
Now in its fourth consecutive edition, the GLF Social Media Ambassadors volunteer program offers:
- Digital and in-person networking opportunities with leading organizations
- Free tickets and a behind-the-scenes look at all GLF and partner events
- Social media workshops and learning programs to obtain hands-on tools you can apply to your own projects
- The opportunity to use the title GLF Social Media Ambassador on all social media platforms
- Personalized certificates after each event or project
- Constant support from the core GLF team and a channel for internal communications
- Mentorship and recommendations to help you advance in your professional career
What do I need to apply for the program?
The GLF Social Media Ambassadors program seeks to champion young people from all over the world.
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old. You can be based anywhere in the world
- You will need a basic knowledge of English to communicate with our team, although you will have the option of using your own language(s) in external communications as an Ambassador
- You should already have one or more social media channels with a steady following
- You don’t have to be an experienced social media influencer to join, but you should be motivated and passionate about sustainable change and support the GLF’s goals
Does this sound like you? If so, send us your application today and become a true environmental influencer!
The application period ends on 31 December 2022.
Everyone is welcome in the GLF Community, and we encourage people of all ages to share their knowledge and experiences by engaging with the GLF on all social media channels. Join the global conversation around sustainable landscapes using #ThinkLandscape and follow GLF on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter in English, Spanish and French.
Share your thoughts with us