The Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) is starting the year with some big news: we’re launching four project teams, which are working groups of YIL alumni and members who will work together to shape and design GLF Youth programs.
If you’ve previously participated in a YIL activity and would like to work more closely with us to organize and deliver future programs, then this opportunity is for you!
- Between the ages of 18 and 35
- Previous involvement in a GLF Youth activity, or an active member of YPARD, GAEA, IFSA or Y4N.
- Comfortable with (or willing to learn) Zoom and other online collaborative tools (e.g. Google Docs, Jamboard, Canva, Miro, etc.) preferred.
- A strong passion for thriving landscapes and creating a more just world is a must!
- The ability to volunteer 2–4 hours per week (time commitment may vary).
GLF and YIL would like to particularly encourage women, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ+ youth, disabled youth and other underrepresented groups to apply.
Project team members are considered part of the GLF Youth team. This is a volunteer position, but it offers the opportunity to experience first-hand and contribute to the work of an international organization, boosting your CV and enabling you to meet amazing people from all over the world.
This year, we will be launching four project teams as follows:
Communications and Outreach
The Communications and Outreach team will assist the GLF Youth team in increasing its social media presence by supporting the outreach of the team’s pre-conference activities and competitions to a wide range of young people across various social media platforms. The team will also be responsible for creating content to promote Landscape News, GLF and CIFOR-ICRAF articles, conferences, and promotional videos to advertise youth opportunities.
The team will engage with posts on the YIL social media accounts on a regular basis and initiate meaningful conversations about the content shared via these accounts. Prior to each GLF conference, the team will meet to stay up to date on social media best practices to engage in before, during, and after conferences, and will be invited to join workshops from GLF social media experts on how to boost your social media communication and impact.
Regional Programs Development teams
The Regional Programs Development teams will support the GLF Youth team in designing, planning and delivering youth programs for regional audiences. As our work for 2022 will focus mainly on the Global South, there will be three teams, each representing one of the following regions: Latin America & the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, and Africa.
Team members will have regular meetings with the GLF Youth team to strategically plan and implement regional programs, which might include, but are not limited to: Instagram Lives, regional dialogues, workshops, and networking meetings. Selected representatives will also join meetings with regional partners, support outreach to local networks, and support the translation of documents when needed.
Specific qualifications for Regional programs Development Teams
- Native to the region, or living in the region with strong previous engagement in the area.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is required to join the Latin America & the Caribbean team.
- Proficiency in French will be considered an asset for joining the Africa team.
APPLY NOW – Deadline: February 20th 2022